Stride 500 Black Electric Bike
- 26" Wheel - Step-Through Aluminum Frame
- 36v 500W Direct Drive Motor in the Rear Wheel
- 36v 11.6Ah Battery by Samsung
- Suntour XCM Front Suspension
- SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Check out the pure white gloss version Stride 500, with its powerful 500-Watt motor, which delivers 720 Watts at peak, and a high capacity 11.6-amp battery. This step-through, rigid frame electric bike brings new meaning to the term “ease of use.” You will also appreciate the Avid DB1 hydraulic disc brakes and Avid 180mm HS1 rotors for the best in heat shedding, not to mention the SRAM X7 Twist 8-speed shifter and the ultra-durable Continental Town & Country 26 x 1.9 tires which provide stability and traction. Just give a half twist to the throttle and activate the “power-on-demand” propulsion system to reach speeds of up to 20 mph. The comfort of the Stride 500 is unmatched, as it is engineered for easy mount and dismount along with an oversized vented saddle for cushion. This bike is perfect for all ages and all levels of riding.
PREMIUM SAMSUNG® BATTERY
- The 36v 11.6Ah battery by Samsung propels the rider from 20 to 30 miles on a single charge.
- Another perk, which contribute to the Stride 500s attractiveness as an electric commuter, is that the battery is mounted on a rear rack. While travelling or running errands, store up to 45lbs on top of the rack.
POWERFUL SRAM® HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES
- The Stride 500 is one of Prodecotech's most popular models and is highly reviewed as a comfortable commuter ebike.
- While being comfortable the Stride 500 still has high performance braking comonents, the SRAM Level Hydraulic disc brakes paired with Avid GS2 160mm rotors.
SMOOTH SHIFTING DRIVETRAIN
- The SRAM X7 shifter and X4 8-speed drivetrain are high quality components which again show that while the Stride 500 is a comfort oriented electric bike, it still has components which contribute to it's abilities as a high-performing commuter.
- The X7 Twist shifter's simple and quick operation makes shifting a breeze and the X4 derailleuer's lightweight nature are an exceptional combo.
ULTRA DEPENDABLE MOTOR
- Power over hills with the Stride 500's 36v 500w direct drive rear motor.
- The direct drive motor operates with minimal noise compared to it's geared motor counterparts.
- The 500w (nominal wattage) motor swiftly propels this electric bike up to it's 20mph top-speed.
EASY TO USE ELECTRONICS
- 36v 17A motor controller for optimal efficiency
- Half Twist 36v Variable control throttle for smooth operation and acceleration
- Handlebar-mounted LCD indicating battery charge.
ELECTRIC BIKE FORK
- SR Suntour XCM Suspenion Fork is a higher end component which positions the Stride 500 electric bike above other ebikes in it's class.
- With steel alloy stanchions and ample suspension travel the Stride 500 is an exceptional and comfortable city commuter.
- The suspension fork also makes the Stride 500 suitable for light trail riding.
CONTINENTAL TOWN & COUNTRY TIRES
- The Continental Town & Country tires are ultra-durable and known for their longevity.
- The smooth tread surface allows for low rolling resistance which means less effort while pedalling.
- These tires are designed for stability and traction these tires also perform well on wet terrain.
HANDLEBAR & STEM
- The city style handlebar, measuring 620mm x 31.8mm x 38R x 38°, allows for a comfortable riding position.
- Threadless Promax MA570 Adjustable Stem (108mm x 31.8mm ) can be set to your preferred riding position.
- The handlebars are capped off with kraton soft-rubber grips with anti-slip texture and locking rings.
In 2007 Robert Provost and Daniel Del Aguila were running a successful company manufacturing electronics for consumers and businesses in South Florida. Their products ranged from closed circuit TV systems to personal electronics for individuals. Additionally, they also owned and operated a flourishing 12,000 sf motor sports store. They quickly grew frustrated with the low quality of the electric bikes they were importing from overseas.
As they kept removing parts from the pre-fab bikes and replacing them with better components they shopped for themselves, they began to wonder: Why can’t someone just get this process right the first time? Soon, along with James Aversa, their head mechanic at the time, they were asking themselves another question: Why not us?
What followed was a multi year quest to gather as much information as possible about the electric bike business. Why, for instance, were these eBikes doing so well in Europe and Asia but not in North America? Robert, Daniel and James – who was elevated to business partner in 2009 – spent four years traveling to dozens of national bike shows, setting up a booth and asking dealers and consumers alike: What do you want in an eBike? What features would make you take the plunge?
The result of all that careful research showed that Americans wanted a product that was designed, engineered and assembled in the USA with emphasis on the following elements: HIGH QUALITY • LOW MAINTENANCE • PORTABILITY • LIGHTWEIGHT STRUCTURE • AFFORDABILITY • MODERN STYLE
Proudly Built In The USA
Proudly designed, developed, assembled and quality controlled in the USA, we source and import each individual component direct with the fabricator to our Duty Free FTZ zone. There are no International Duties and no middlemen margins which guarantees our lowest pricing. Whether Samsung Battery Cells from Korea, RockShox’s latest Suspension Fork from Taiwan or Continental Tires from their USA owned distribution center, we are direct with all individual component suppliers.
On average, 25-30 suppliers are involved in the development and production of each and every bike we build to assure the latest and highest grade componentry at the lowest possible price for our customers. Yes, it is much more difficult than importing a China Made electric bicycle and reselling it but we Love what we do and our Passion is evident in every single electric bicycle that is shipped from our USA factory, every day.
* Built in the USA by domestic and foreign parts.