Genesis R Trike Electric Bike
- City Hybrid Electric Trike Perfect for Commuting
- Step Through Frame
- 600W Geared Motor in the Front Wheel
- 36v 14.25Ah Samsung Battery Cells
- 20MPH Top Speed
- Heavy Duty Double Crown Fork
- SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- 25-30 Miles Distance per Charge
Our new Genesis R commuter e-trike has been developed from the successful Genesis R electric bicycle we introduced in 2015. Three years later the Genesis R is reinvented with the same downtube battery design, but now in an electric tricycle! This new design allows for a better balanced bike for those who prefer a tricycle for stability and it also allows for increased protection of the battery from the elements. The battery is equipped with Samsung cells that add up to 14.25Ah of energy, and is powered by a 600 Watt geared motor up front for superior riding and hauling characteristics. Top speed is 20mph and the Genesis R e-trike can travel up to 30 miles on a single charge. The easy step-through frame makes mounting and dismounting easy for men and women. The Kenda Flame freestyle tires are outfitted with SRAM DB1 hydraulic disc brakes and Triple Box 36H rims. Now more than ever the Genesis line gives you more electric riding options to choose from.
PREMIUM SAMSUNG® BATTERY
- The battery pack is mounted in the downtube of the frame for a more balanced weight distribution compared to our rear-rack mounted batteries.
- The 36V 14.25Ah is built with, reliable, Samsung Battery Cells.
- A single charge can power a rider for 25-35 miles.
- The battery is easily removable for charging or swapping and takes about 7 hours to fully charge.
POWERFUL SRAM® HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES
- The SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes provide more than enough stopping power for the 20mph top speed of the Genesis R ebike.
- The brakes are extremely responsive and paired with Avid GS2 rotors, 180mm front and 160mm rear.
- Link to Hyrdaulic Brake Maintenance / Manual.
SMOOTH SHIFTING DRIVETRAIN
- This electric bike is equipped with, industry leading, bicycle components by SRAM, including an 8-Speed Drive train utilizing the SRAM X7/X4 shifter and derailluer combo.
- The SRAM X7 twist shifter is amazingly smooth, allowing for quick & easy gear changes.
- The X4 derailluer includes the best aspects of SRAM shifting and lightweight construction for excellent performance.
ULTRA DEPENDABLE MOTOR
- The, powerful, 36V 600W geared motor mounted in the front wheel helps flatten out hills.
- Geared motors are smaller in size and lighter weight which makes the Genesis R look more like a normal tricycle than a powerful electric trike.
- Geared motors have less resistance when pedaling vs direct drive motors and also have slightly more torque, making it great for powering up inclines.
EASY TO USE ELECTRONICS
- Half Twist 36v Variable control throttle for smooth acceleration and control
- 36v 23A motor controller for optimal efficiency
- LED battery indicator lights
ELECTRIC BIKE FORK
- The rigid, double crown fork is strong enough to hauling both on and off road.
- This heavy duty fork also enhances the Genesis' stout look.
- Wide enough to fit the oversized rims & tires, the Genesis is certainly an aggressive looking e-trike.
- Durable casing and long-lasting tread for sporty leisure riders
- Reliable and fail-safe everyday tire
- Wire bead and mesh sidewall design for reliable sporty use
HANDLEBAR & STEM
- Threadless Black Promax MA570 Adjustable 108mm x 31.8mm Stem
- City style handlebar for comfortable upright cruising position
- Adjustable to fit many riding styles and rider sizes
In 2007 Robert Provost and Daniel Del Aguila were running a successful company manufacturing electronics for consumers and businesses in South Florida. Their products ranged from closed circuit TV systems to personal electronics for individuals. Additionally, they also owned and operated a flourishing 12,000 sf motor sports store. They quickly grew frustrated with the low quality of the electric bikes they were importing from overseas.
As they kept removing parts from the pre-fab bikes and replacing them with better components they shopped for themselves, they began to wonder: Why can’t someone just get this process right the first time? Soon, along with James Aversa, their head mechanic at the time, they were asking themselves another question: Why not us?
What followed was a multi year quest to gather as much information as possible about the electric bike business. Why, for instance, were these eBikes doing so well in Europe and Asia but not in North America? Robert, Daniel and James – who was elevated to business partner in 2009 – spent four years traveling to dozens of national bike shows, setting up a booth and asking dealers and consumers alike: What do you want in an eBike? What features would make you take the plunge?
The result of all that careful research showed that Americans wanted a product that was designed, engineered and assembled in the USA with emphasis on the following elements: HIGH QUALITY • LOW MAINTENANCE • PORTABILITY • LIGHTWEIGHT STRUCTURE • AFFORDABILITY • MODERN STYLE
Proudly Built In The USA
Proudly designed, developed, assembled and quality controlled in the USA, we source and import each individual component direct with the fabricator to our Duty Free FTZ zone. There are no International Duties and no middlemen margins which guarantees our lowest pricing. Whether Samsung Battery Cells from Korea, RockShox’s latest Suspension Fork from Taiwan or Continental Tires from their USA owned distribution center, we are direct with all individual component suppliers.
On average, 25-30 suppliers are involved in the development and production of each and every bike we build to assure the latest and highest grade componentry at the lowest possible price for our customers. Yes, it is much more difficult than importing a China Made electric bicycle and reselling it but we Love what we do and our Passion is evident in every single electric bicycle that is shipped from our USA factory, every day.
* Built in the USA by domestic and foreign parts.