Genesis R 400 DT Electric Bike
- City Hybrid Electric Bike Perfect for Commuting
- Step Through Frame
- 400W Direct Drive Motor in the Rear Wheel
- 36v 14.25Ah Samsung Battery Cells
- 20MPH Top Speed
- Suntour XCM Suspension Fork
- SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- 35 Miles Distance per Charge
The Genesis R 400 DT commuter e-bike has been reinvented with the battery now mounted in the downtube of the frame. This new design allows for a better balanced bike and increased protection of the battery from the elements. The battery is built with Samsung cells that add up to 14.25Ah of capacity, and is paired with a 36v 400 Watt direct drive motor. The Genesis R goes up to 20mph and can travel 25-35 miles on a single charge. The step-through frame allows for quick and easy mounting and dismounting but still has a sharp appearance.. The Triple Box 36H rims are outfitted Continental Town & Country tires and powerful SRAM DB1 hydraulic disc brakes. The Suntour XCM suspension fork performs perfectly when commuting through the city or on bike trails. The Genesis R 400 DT is the standard for comfortable electric bike commuting.
PREMIUM SAMSUNG® BATTERY
- The battery pack is mounted in the downtube of the frame for balanced weight distribution.
- The 36V 14.25Ah is built with, reliable, Samsung Battery Cells.
- A single charge can power a rider for 25-35 miles.
- Easily changeable battery good for up to 7 hours.
POWERFUL SRAM® HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES
- The SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes provide more than enough stopping power for the 20mph top speed of the Genesis R ebike.
- The brakes are extremely responsive and paired with Avid GS2 rotors, 180mm front and 160mm rear.
- Link to Hyrdaulic Brake Maintenance / Manual.
SMOOTH SHIFTING DRIVETRAIN
- This electric bike is equipped with, industry leading, bicycle components by SRAM.
- The 8-speed drive train utilizes the SRAM X7/X4 shifter and derailleur combo.
- The SRAM X7 twist shifter is amazingly smooth, allowing for quick & easy gear changes.
- The X4 derailluer includes the best aspects of SRAM shifting and lightweight construction for excellent performance.
ULTRA DEPENDABLE MOTOR
- Hills are no match for the, powerful, 36V 400W direct drive motor mounted in the rear wheel.
- The direct drive motor operates almost noiselessly which adds to the stealthy design of the electric bike.
- There is plenty of power to zip around town at a top-speed of 20mph during your commute or power through bike trails.
EASY TO USE ELECTRONICS
- Half Twist 36v Variable control throttle for smooth acceleration and control
- 36v 23A motor controller for optimal efficiency
- LED battery indicator lights
ELECTRIC BIKE FORK
- 26" Suntour XCM Suspension Fork for comfortable riding in the city or on trails.
- STKM Steel Steerer tube and an Aluminum Allow Lower
- Continental Town & Country tires with a durable casing and long-lasting tread for sporty leisure riders
- Reliable and fail-safe everyday tire
- Wire bead and mesh sidewall design for reliable sporty use
HANDLEBAR & STEM
- Threadless Black Promax MA570 Adjustable 108mm x 31.8mm Stem
- City style handlebar for comfortable upright cruising position
- Adjustable to fit many riding styles and rider sizes
In 2007 Robert Provost and Daniel Del Aguila were running a successful company manufacturing electronics for consumers and businesses in South Florida. Their products ranged from closed circuit TV systems to personal electronics for individuals. Additionally, they also owned and operated a flourishing 12,000 sf motor sports store. They quickly grew frustrated with the low quality of the electric bikes they were importing from overseas.
As they kept removing parts from the pre-fab bikes and replacing them with better components they shopped for themselves, they began to wonder: Why can’t someone just get this process right the first time? Soon, along with James Aversa, their head mechanic at the time, they were asking themselves another question: Why not us?
What followed was a multi year quest to gather as much information as possible about the electric bike business. Why, for instance, were these eBikes doing so well in Europe and Asia but not in North America? Robert, Daniel and James – who was elevated to business partner in 2009 – spent four years traveling to dozens of national bike shows, setting up a booth and asking dealers and consumers alike: What do you want in an eBike? What features would make you take the plunge?
The result of all that careful research showed that Americans wanted a product that was designed, engineered and assembled in the USA with emphasis on the following elements: HIGH QUALITY • LOW MAINTENANCE • PORTABILITY • LIGHTWEIGHT STRUCTURE • AFFORDABILITY • MODERN STYLE
Proudly Built In The USA
Proudly designed, developed, assembled and quality controlled in the USA, we source and import each individual component direct with the fabricator to our Duty Free FTZ zone. There are no International Duties and no middlemen margins which guarantees our lowest pricing. Whether Samsung Battery Cells from Korea, RockShox’s latest Suspension Fork from Taiwan or Continental Tires from their USA owned distribution center, we are direct with all individual component suppliers.
On average, 25-30 suppliers are involved in the development and production of each and every bike we build to assure the latest and highest grade componentry at the lowest possible price for our customers. Yes, it is much more difficult than importing a China Made electric bicycle and reselling it but we Love what we do and our Passion is evident in every single electric bicycle that is shipped from our USA factory, every day.
* Built in the USA by domestic and foreign parts.