Stride 400 Electric Bike
- 700C Wheel, Step-Through Frame
- 36v 400W Direct Drive Motor in the Rear Wheel
- 25-35 Miles per Charge
- 20 mph Top Speed
- SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc Brakes
The latest in the G Plus Stride series, the Stride 400 is a “power-on-demand” commuter e-bike for all ages. Whether tall or short, the step-through hybrid aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum frame allows for easy mounting and dismounting. Large 700C diameter wheels and various adjustment points promise a smooth and comfortable ride. You can be assured of years of issue free performance with the combination of pTech’s high-torque 400Watt (600Watt Peak) motor to Samsung’s 36V10.4Ah lithium battery. A quick twist of the throttle and 20 miles-per-hour has never been so much fun. State of the art component’s such as Avid’s hydraulic disc brakes, SRAM’s X7/X4 8 speed gear system and Continental tires to name a few guarantees a Best-In-Class e-bike at a Best-In-Class price. Developed and Built in the USA for the USA e-bike rider, nothing compares.
PREMIUM SAMSUNG® BATTERY
- The 36V 10.4Ah battery, manufactured by Samsung, is mounted in a sturdy rear rack above the rear wheel.
- The rear rack allows for 45lbs of storage which makes this ebike even more attractive as an electric commuter.
- A single charge can propel a rider for 25-35 miles.
POWERFUL SRAM® HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES
- When zipping around town you will have extremely effective stopping performance with this ebike's SRAM Level Hydraulic Disc brakes.
- The brakes are extremely responsive and paired with Avid GS2 160mm rotors.
- Link to Hydraulic Brake Maintenance / Manual.
SMOOTH SHIFTING DRIVETRAIN
- The Stride 400 is equipped with an 8-Speed Drive train utilizing the SRAM X7/X4 shifter and derailluer combo.
- The SRAM X7 shifter uses a twist operation which makes shifting quick and easy.
- The X7 shifter is paired with the X4 derailluer for lightweight construction and excellent performance.
ULTRA DEPENDABLE MOTOR
- The 36v 400W direct drive motor allows the rider a top speed of 20mph, the maximum street-legal speed for an electric bike in most states.
- The 400W motor provides plenty of power for climbing hills and commuting around town.
- For running errands, commuting to work or exploring the city, the Stride 400 is a solid choice.
EASY TO USE ELECTRONICS
- 36v 16A motor controller for efficiency and performance.
- Smoothly control your acceleration via the half twist 36v Variable control throttle mounted next to the right grip.
- LCD Display indicating Battery Charge
ELECTRIC BIKE FORK
- Rigid Cromoly Fork combines smooth-lines and strength.
- Sleek-looking 700C Wheels great for Cruising
- Also available with a MonoShock Suspension fork in the Stride 400 M (link to product page)
CONTINENTAL TOUR TIRES
- 700C x 19mm Double Wall AL Rims wrapped with Continental Tour Ride Tires for All-Around Performance.
- The Tour Ride tires are purposefully designed for high-mileage and with reliable puncture protection which means less time swaping and patching tires and more time riding.
- The tread also allows for enhanced traction while cornering.
HANDLEBAR & STEM
- Carve through your commute with the Stride 400's city handlebar measuring 620mm x 31.8mm x 38R x 38°.
- Pivot the threadless Adjustable Stem (105mm x 31.8mm ) further or closer to the rider to your desired riding position.
- Maintain a strong grip with the Kraton soft rubber grips for protection against slipping plus locking rings to keep the grips in place.
In 2007 Robert Provost and Daniel Del Aguila were running a successful company manufacturing electronics for consumers and businesses in South Florida. Their products ranged from closed circuit TV systems to personal electronics for individuals. Additionally, they also owned and operated a flourishing 12,000 sf motor sports store. They quickly grew frustrated with the low quality of the electric bikes they were importing from overseas.
As they kept removing parts from the pre-fab bikes and replacing them with better components they shopped for themselves, they began to wonder: Why can’t someone just get this process right the first time? Soon, along with James Aversa, their head mechanic at the time, they were asking themselves another question: Why not us?
What followed was a multi year quest to gather as much information as possible about the electric bike business. Why, for instance, were these eBikes doing so well in Europe and Asia but not in North America? Robert, Daniel and James – who was elevated to business partner in 2009 – spent four years traveling to dozens of national bike shows, setting up a booth and asking dealers and consumers alike: What do you want in an eBike? What features would make you take the plunge?
The result of all that careful research showed that Americans wanted a product that was designed, engineered and assembled in the USA with emphasis on the following elements: HIGH QUALITY • LOW MAINTENANCE • PORTABILITY • LIGHTWEIGHT STRUCTURE • AFFORDABILITY • MODERN STYLE
Proudly Built In The USA
Proudly designed, developed, assembled and quality controlled in the USA, we source and import each individual component direct with the fabricator to our Duty Free FTZ zone. There are no International Duties and no middlemen margins which guarantees our lowest pricing. Whether Samsung Battery Cells from Korea, RockShox’s latest Suspension Fork from Taiwan or Continental Tires from their USA owned distribution center, we are direct with all individual component suppliers.
On average, 25-30 suppliers are involved in the development and production of each and every bike we build to assure the latest and highest grade componentry at the lowest possible price for our customers. Yes, it is much more difficult than importing a China Made electric bicycle and reselling it but we Love what we do and our Passion is evident in every single electric bicycle that is shipped from our USA factory, every day.
* Built in the USA by domestic and foreign parts.